As we might have already previously mentioned, The Way Home is running on the great Cocos2D engine. We also used a few other 3rd party library and services and we’d like to mention and thank them with this opportunity:
- AFNetworking – this is almost boilerplate code, required by any iOS app that has any server component
- Dropbox – Our level editor stores all the created levels directly on Dropbox, so we can access them across various devices easily.
- Everyplay – To record and share replays of the levels. Their SDK is easy to understand and well documented
- Facebook SDK – For interacting with the Open Graph
- Facebook Tweaks – For minor adjustment of effects, animations and UI layout. You can find more info about this bit in here
- Google Analytics – For tracking, of course.
- Parse – For sending push notifications
- TapStream – For tracking installs
- TestFlight – For distributing the app while in development
- Vungle – To display video ads. Their SDK is not perfect, but after reading the docs a few we managed to integrate it.
Thank you to all the devs working on these libs. They rock!